Ottawa Health Services Network Inc. (OHSNI) is a not-for-profit organization established in 1997. The primary service provided by OHSNI’s Baffin / Ottawa Program is to coordinate specialist and tertiary health care, in both Ottawa and Iqaluit, for residents of the Qikqitani region of Nunavut. While clients are in Ottawa, the program also provides coordination of medical care, nursing case management, social work support, medical records management and interpretation services.
BAFFIN-OTTAWA PROGRAM COMPONENTS
- Co-ordinates tertiary medical services for people needing care in Ottawa
- Facilitates communication between all medical personnel, and families, in the North and in Ottawa
- Co-ordinates specialty clinics for Qikiqtani General Hospital
- Problem solves, in partnership with Nunavut Health Insurance and Health Canada[First Nations Inuit Health Branch], any concerns re: insurance coverage for hospitalization, medical travel, drugs, medical equipment for patients in Ottawa
- Provides nursing case management and social work support
- Provides Inutituk interpretation services
- Oversees the transmission of medical records from Ottawa to Nunavut's health care providers.
- Participates in Utilization reviews / evaluations
- Facilitates Telehealth care between Nunavutand Ottawa
- Promotes Research
CORRECTIONS CANADA PROGRAM COMPONENTS
- the provision of medical interpretation services by specialized staff to the incarcerated Inuit community via video conference;